Junior doctors are an at risk population, so if you are experiencing difficulties yourself you should still seek help – as you might recommend for any of your patients.


Work-related issues

For any problems relating to your current job, you should contact your supervisor in the first instance. If this is not possible for any reason (often the case), then you can always contact your local Guardian of Safe working hours who has a contractual obligation to help trainees with training related difficulties.

It is always tempting to leave things in the hope that they will get better, however the new contract demands that we keep our employers up to date with any work related problems so that they can be addressed now, and before you move jobs.


Are You In Crisis?

See here for a list of useful numbers to contact someone.